Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Oregon Road Trip: The Wallowas

Have you checked out the 7 Wonders of Oregon campaign yet? It'll make you want to book a ticket to Oregon immediately. After visiting The Wallowas, I've seen all 7 for myself and I can say with confidence that they all really truly deserve their place on the list. These places are just as gorgeous in real life as they seem in pictures...in fact, they're more gorgeous in real life. In fact, you should also check out the #TravelOregon on Instagram. I check back often for my Oregon fix.

When we first checked into our hotel I was feeling like crap from my cold, it was gloomy and foggy out, and we arrived before the tourist season so almost everything was closed. I figured the whole visit was going to be a disaster.

The Wallowas
The Wallowas
The Wallowas

As it turns out, tourist season is overrated. Our entire visit was peaceful and intimate. The weather was...well...you can see for yourself. Amazing! The main reason we went to that particular area of the Wallowas was to ride the tram. But we arrived too early; it wasn't open for the season yet. The view would have been incredible, the sun was out and the skies were clear. Instead we walked around Wallowa Lake State Park...which we had all to ourselves. How many ways or times can I say, "It was gorgeous!"

The Wallowas
The Wallowas
The Wallowas
The Wallowas
The Wallowas

10 comments:

  1. Just absolutely amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my goodness, i am in love.
    my friend was there last year and he LOVED everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! I sure wouldn't want to go during tourist season, either! This looks so beautiful and peaceful!
    -Marley
    http://www.afandlove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures! I really want to see Oregon someday (and several other U.S. states - I've never been out of the East Coast states!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I highly recommend a visit! I've only been to Florida on the East Coast and I'm dying to see more...specifically the New England states.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Exactly! I would love to try a hike up one of the trails on our next visit. I bet it's just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stephanie WhitenerThursday, July 03, 2014

    I love all your travel photos. Such beautiful places!

    ReplyDelete