Monday, June 23, 2014

Ruined Weekend

Between Will's work schedule this week and the schedule he was on last week...we got screwed out of a weekend. We had plans to do a day trip or two that got scrapped. I was in a terrible mood because of it. We have yet to have a weekend since we got back from The States. First it was weekend duty, then it was on-call for weekend duty, and then it was a shift change that essentially took away Saturday morning and Sunday evening. At this rate, I'll never get my birthday trip. We'll try again next weekend, but I've adopted a pessimistic approach and I'm pretty much counting on it being ruined again.

couch shopping

Anyway, we went couch shopping on Saturday. We found a couple of love seats that would fit in our little living room, but we weren't 100% sure it would fit through our door. It was really close and we didn't want to risk it. So we walked away empty handed. Will has his heart set on a love seat, but I'm trying to sell him on the idea of two easy chairs instead.

bowling alley

After shopping, we decided to swing by the grill at the bowling alley since Will hadn't eaten yet. We ran into our friends and ended up sitting and chatting for hours. I love spontaneous double dates!

Spaghetti House

Will had to work on one of his troop's EPR (Enlisted Performance Report) so I did some chores and relaxed while he wrote it up. Just as I was debating about either watching a movie or passing out, we got a call from our friends. We met up with them for dinner and the Germany v Ghana game was on. That was such a hard-fought game on both sides. Do you see the size of the guys' mugs? I couldn't lift it with one hand. It was a chore to drink out of. The guys felt like men though.

So even though our weekend plans got ruined, we still managed to have a little fun.

8 comments:

  1. I hope you can get your birthday trip in this coming weekend! It's always disappointing when the military changes your plans for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you were still able to have some fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, no! I hope Joel never has a job with Will's crazy schedule. It would drive me insane!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Normally it's not so bad, but this month has been a nightmare. I guess it's our penance for taking a month of leave.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, me too! I don't know what I would have done without our spontaneous double dates.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah me too. If not, I told Will I'm going without him!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww man, I'm sorry that work schedules keep messing up your plans. We've definitely had that happen before. Sometimes they even tell Angel that they're letting him go home a couple hours early--so he lets me know and we make a plan...but then minutes before he leaves it's "Never mind, you're staying." That's a bummer, but it's good you guys still got to have a little outing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ugh, that would be so frustrating!

    ReplyDelete