Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Stonehenge in Washington

I had no idea there was a Stonehenge in Washington. Mama knew, but she wasn't sure exactly where it was. We made a pit stop on our road trip and, of course, I checked in on Foursquare. On the list of nearby places to choose from, I spotted Stonehenge. Turns out, it was just on the other side of the river and the exit we took happened to be the exact one leading to the bridge across the Columbia River!

A car was getting ready to leave as we pulled up so we had the place to ourselves. It was definitely worth the stop.

Stonehenge in Washington
Stonehenge in Washington
Stonehenge in Washington
Stonehenge in Washington
Stonehenge in Washington
Stonehenge in Washington
Stonehenge in Washington
Stonehenge in Washington

Ech: "Go touch that fire hydrant."
Will: "Why?"
Ech: "Just go touch it."
Will: "There, I'm touching it. Did you get it? I'm done."

Stonehenge in Washington

5 comments:

  1. Whoa!! So cool! I've never heard of that, but now I want to see it! I tend to be a fan of random, seemingly inexplicable attractions like this. :P Seems like a good idea to just make another Stonehenge....

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHATTTT that place looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It also doubles as a WWI memorial to the local boys that were sent to war. It's a really gorgeous spot for it, especially on a clear day like the day we visited.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It really is! The day was just perfect for the view too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cool!! I didn't know there was a Stonehenge there either!!
    -Marley
    http://www.afandlove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete