Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Two Weddings

The reason behind our trip to Oregon & Florida was two weddings.

The first one was in Oregon. One of my best friends from high school asked me to be her bridesmaid and I was so excited to say yes. It was a fancy formal affair at the Elysian Ballroom. I've gotten to know her new husband pretty well over the years and I was so happy for their big day.

I've never seen such a well-planned out affair. The bride planned lots of time for all of us to get ready before the wedding. We were able to relax and take our time getting our hair and make up done. This was my first time wearing false eyelashes. They were weird at first, but I loved them! I'll have to practice putting them on myself.

Portland wedding
Portland wedding

I was so caught up in enjoying myself at the wedding that I totally forgot to get a picture of the two of us. Luckily one of our friends caught us when I went over to visit Will's table and the photographer caught us smooching on the dance floor.

Portland wedding
Portland wedding

The next weekend was my sister-in-law's wedding in Florida. She got ideas from Pinterest and did all the decorations herself and it came out beautifully! This was only my second time to Will's hometown and I got to meet a lot of extended family members that weren't in town the last time I visited. I had so much fun bonding with my in-laws and I was touched that I was asked to be a bridesmaid.

We sipped mimosas and Italian wine while we got ready. The guys kept wandering in to sneak drinks. I bought my first pair of cowboy boots for the wedding. They were so comfortable! We danced half the night away and I never had to kick them off. Hello, summer dresses and boots!

Punta Gorda wedding
All the siblings and their spouses
Punta Gorda wedding
Punta Gorda wedding

Again, we forgot to take pictures at the reception. We were busy catching up with everyone and hitting the dance floor, but luckily Will's great aunt got this shot:

Punta Gorda wedding

I'm bummed we didn't get more pictures of the two of us all dressed up, but nights like those were made to be in the moment and not caught up behind a camera. We really enjoyed ourselves at both weddings and we were so happy we could be home for them.

18 comments:

  1. Sarah [life of love]Wednesday, July 23, 2014

    First off, you look amazing in both purple AND pink. My 3rd grade self is impressed. Secondly, LOVE that you got two weddings full of love! Sorry you missed grabbing some photos, but at least you got a handful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look beautiful in both outfits!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fatima Bibi KholwadiaWednesday, July 23, 2014

    You look amazing in both weddings! And the eyelashes are cool! Looks like you had loads of fun :) the photos you have taken are actually really good, so I wouldn't worry about the shots you could have got. Also, I LOVE YOUR BLOG!!

    Fatima

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I didn't even realize I didn't take any pictures until my mom asked to see some.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! I'm so grateful for photographers, family, and friends who got those pictures of us. My mom was gave me so much grief when I didn't have any to show her the next day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw how fun! I love weddings!! I love the colors of the first wedding. I really loved those plum bridesmaids dresses

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree, I loved that dress! AND it had pockets, perfect for my extra q-tips and tissues.

    ReplyDelete
  8. :) How cool that you guys got to be a part of both weddings!! And I'm sure you already know this...but you look tiny compared to the group in the photo with Will and his siblings!! haha. I just think it looks cute! And I can relate--my family is a whole bunch of tall Dutch people--I'm an unusually short outlier at 5'5" and Angel doesn't match the rest of my family at 5'6"! (Three of my little sisters are already taller than both him and me...)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look so pretty in both! I love the purple dress and the flowers but then I also love the more casual look with the pink short dress and boots. Cowboy boots are just SO much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah his family is tall. No joke, I sometimes get a little claustrophobic if we're all standing close together.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you! Both dresses were so comfortable and perfect for the two wedding days. I love my new boots! I needed a good reason to buy a pair.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have a cheap pair from DSW but would live to buy a pair in TX next time I go!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You should! I'm now a firm believer in not having too many cowboy boots!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both weddings look like a blast, and you look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stephanie WhitenerThursday, July 31, 2014

    You look great! And agreed that while yes pictures are nice, but at least you were enjoying yourself in the moments.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you! It was so nice to focus on catching up with our friends and family. Especially since nights like those tend to fly by so quickly.

    ReplyDelete