Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Will's 25th Birthday at the Oregon Zoo

Oregon Zoo

Will is obsessed with animals and zoos. I'm conflicted about how I feel about zoos, but he enjoys them. He's never really been to a good one though. I grew up going to the Honolulu and Oregon Zoos so I've been spoiled with some good quality. I had been promising him all year that we'd go to the zoo for his birthday when we got to Portland. He definitely made sure I remembered to keep that promise.

"When are we going to the zoo?"
"Which day are we going to the zoo?"
"We're still going to the zoo right?"

Oregon Zoo
Feeding time!
Oregon Zoo
Oregon Zoo
Oregon Zoo
The lady said, "Okay the goats are going in now" and opened the door...without hesitating every single goat turned around and walked through their door. So obedient!

We went the day after we got back from our road trip. It was hot. And it was overrun with kids on field trips. So.many.kids. Some squeezed my ovaries with their cuteness. Most of them acted as birth control as they ran around screaming and pushing their way to the front. My favorites were the kids running around the grassy areas while their parents relaxed on the side. I love how they become best friends with another little one simply because they're the same size and have the same amount of energy.

Oregon Zoo
Looking at creepy crawlies
Oregon Zoo
Catching salmon

Anyway, most of the animals were passed out because of the heat. We did get a close up look at a good amount of them though.

Oregon Zoo
The eagle was on the ground hanging out close to all the people, so cool!
Oregon Zoo
Will laughed at me when I made Mama take a picture of me in the eagle's nest
Oregon Zoo
"If you're a bird...I'm a bird" HA!! More I like I made him be a bird with me.

Of course I camped out in front of the elephants for a good long while. Baby Lily followed her mama everywhere she went and at one point she rolled a ball along in front her. She was killing me with her adorableness. I can't wait to see the zoo's new elephant expansion. It's going to be huge and gorgeous.

Oregon Zoo

By the way, if you're planning a trip to the Oregon Zoo...they have $4 admission on the second Tuesday of each month. We scored big with our timing and hit the magic date. Yesss!

Oregon Zoo
4001 SW Canyon Road
Portland, OR 97221

9 comments:

  1. My fiance and I are the same way! I am obsessed with Zoos and he doesn't really agree with them all that much. I need to convince him to take me to Oregon!
    mylifeandmyairman.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww--it's fun to hear how excited he was to go! And pricing doesn't get much better than $4 tickets for the zoo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a lot of fun. We love zoos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stephanie WhitenerTuesday, August 05, 2014

    One of our first dates was at the zoo, so we love going. Plus we have enjoyed a few Zoo Brews, which I have to say drinking at the zoo makes looking at animals even more enjoyable. And kids are not allowed at those times, so it is like grown up play time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would totally go to a Zoo Brews! That sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oregon is an awesome place to visit! If you convince him and want some help planning your trip, feel free to email me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Exactly! It was an awesome surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was one of my favorite visits since we got to see the bears get fed. And by fed I mean heads of lettuce were thrown in their general direction. But they were up and walking around so it was cool.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks! Despite the heat and crowds, we had a good time.

    ReplyDelete