Friday, August 1, 2014

11 Questions

Liebster award
The lovely Miss Heather over at The Life of a Traveling Navy Wife nominated me. So sweet!

The Rules
- Each person must post 11 things about themselves by answering the questions that the nominator has set for you.
- Create 11 questions for the people you’ve nominated to answer.
- Choose 11 people (with less than 200 followers) and link to them in your post.
- Go to their page and let them know (or contact them through social media).
- No tag backs!



1. What question do you hate to answer?
"What do you do?" It's always said with a bit of unintentional snottiness and disapproval. Apparently if I don't work, I have no meaning in life.

2. If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich?
Spending time with my family and friends is kind of a given answer so I'll add to it. Traveling the world with my husband. We always have the best times exploring new places, I'm always planning our next trip.


3. How did you choose the title of your blog?
It's nicknames we had for each other when we first got married and needed usernames for our video game characters. I don't think we ever actually called each other Ech and Will though, just our characters.

4. What is your favorite charity (and please tell us why)?
Libraries. Reading and books are a huge part of my life and always have been. I think it's important for emotional and mental health to have a place to escape to and books do that for me. I also think it's essential for grammar and vocabulary development which, by the quality of my social media feeds, we need a lot more of.

5. Most daring thing you've done in your adult life?
I went on a month-long trip to Tanzania for a college class. It was the first time I'd ever used a passport and I was so out of my element with lots of camping and a week-long trek up Mount Kilimanjaro. I'm not an outdoorsy type and I'm definitely not a hiker so everyone was shocked. But I went, I camped, I trekked, I survived (despite a bout of altitude sickness that put me out of commission on the summit day), and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. It was of my best life experiences.

Mount Kilimanjaro
My tentmate and I on Day 1 of the Mt Kili trek. You might recognize her as Clark from Captain and Clark.

6. What is the best meal you've ever had?
Wow, I don't even know how to answer this question. I've eaten so many amazing meals. I have to say my favorite were the meals at my grandparents' house growing up. Both sides of the family had big get togethers and everyone would cook and I would stuff my face all night.

7. Craziest thing in your refrigerator right now?
It's kind of tame right now. Just the usual...milk, eggs, cheese, spam, condiments.

8. What one book would you recommend to your readers?
It's like asking a mother which is her favorite child. One of my biggest favorites is Possible Side Effects by Augusten Burroughs.

9. Road trip or airplane? (caveat: given you can choose between the two to get to your destination)
That's another hard one. I think airplane so that Will doesn't have to stress about directions and I don't have to stress about his driving.

10. Sweet or salty?
8 times of 10 I'll pick salty. But sometimes I get in those moods and I'll devour a mountain of chocolate or ice cream.

Belgian chocolates
Can't say no to Belgian chocolates!

11. What is your favorite indulgence?
Lazy days watching movies or our tv shows in bed all day with my husband. It's good for him to unwind when he's had a hard work week and I like the cuddles. And we both like being lazy.



I'm going to cheat a little and nominate all the bloggers over at Milso Bloggers, minus Heather and me since we've already been tagged. I know there's more than 11 bloggers there, sorry.

1. What is your favorite part about blogging?
2. Recommend three blogs.
3. What's your favorite way to treat yourself?
4. If you could settle down anywhere in the world where would it be?
4. If you had to re-name yourself, what would you choose? (first name)
5. Is there any meaning behind your middle name?
6. What are your go-to care package items?
7. When you're having a rough day, what calms you down or centers you?
8. Outside of your family, who is your personal hero and why?
9. Are you a sports fan? Who do you root for?
10. What's on your duty station wishlist (any duty station regardless of whether or not your military member can actually be stationed there or not)?
11. What's your favorite thing about being a military spouse/significant other?

3 comments:

  1. Loved reading your answers! :) - Heather, Life of a Traveling Navy Wife

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you went to Tanzania that's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the nominations and the great questions!

    ReplyDelete